Tuesday 29 June 2010

The Tuesday sock crisis

I had a great Fathers' Day a couple of weeks ago - home made cards, cup of tea in bed, lovely presents etc. One of my lovely presents was a set of socks with the days of the week on them - Monday to Friday and I carefully made sure that I had the correct pair on every day last week in preparation for the inevitable inspection. I think that the intelligence agencies of the most paranoid countries have nothing on the observational skills of an eight year old.

Anyway, I met the requirements every day last week and was able to relax over the weekend as the socks didn't cover Saturday and Sunday.  Yesterday (Monday) I put ready and wore the right pair for the day.
Then panic struck last night - I couldn't find Tuesday's socks!

The sock drawer was turned out  - not there.
The laundry basket was turned out - not there.
The washed duvet cover was turned inside out - not there.

Eventually, at midnight, I took the drawer out of the chest of drawers and there, nestling comfortably at the back on the floor were Tuesday's socks. Whilst I was at it, I checked on all the socks for the rest of the week so I won't suffer from this terrible trauma again for a few days.

Guess what? This morning, the socks were forgotten and nobody checked.

OK - enough about my exciting life - hope your days are going well and that some of my stuff is helping you. Check out my Five Simple Rules and my Greasy Palm article. Getting paid to click will follow shortly.

Here's to you!

Des


No comments:

Post a Comment